Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Friday starts the 2009 movie season

There have been a few notable movies of 2009 but nothing much that I'd see in theaters. Mostly a few remakes of classic horror films (Friday the 13th, My Bloody Valentine) a new Tyler Perry film and really that's about it so far.

On Friday Watchmen will be released in the US and while I've tried to learn little about the upcoming film (I know what happens I've read the series a few times) I really am looking forward to it. If you haven't seen the trailer by now here's one:


With the R rating and the early reviews I've seen, I'm really hoping that Watchmen will be as close to the maxi-series as it can be. For non-comic fans out there, Watchmen was the one movie that has been in hiatus hell for practically ever and it's been one book/series that many fanboys felt could never be made correctly.

What I'm also glad to see is some early pub. for the next Michael Mann crime drama Public Enemies. It's a period piece starring Johnny Depp as infamous bank robber John Dillinger and Christian Bale as the man to bring Dillinger down.

Here's one of the official posters and below the link to see the film via Apple/Quicktime:

No comments:

Post a Comment