Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quick Movie Comment: Bruno

I saw Bruno on Sunday and I don't plan on giving a detailed review or a grade on the film. But let's just say it wasn't my cup of tea so to speak. I get the social commentary about homophobia, about the obsession with fame, about the fakeness of hollywood and charities that the stars have no clue but do it in order for good PR. There were also a few scenes that I felt were extremely funny if not absurd that made me laugh. But overall, Bruno goes beyond the edginess that one saw in Borat (which I liked) and enters the realm of crass and obscene (which maybe was the point, but it just didn't work for me). Plus, Bruno felt much more scripted than the Borat film or the Ali G episodes, which takes away from the real-life element that the character is experiencing in the "real world".

1 comment:

Atul said...

Hi, nice blog, if you want to Download Bruno Movie , you can visit here.

Post a Comment