Sunday, February 7, 2010

Aw Crap, It's Snowing Again!!!!

So for the second weekend in a row, we've been creamed by snowstorms. Let's just say add another foot of snow to the already semi-melted 10 + inches that we got last week.
Luckily,we didn't lose power.
Unluckily, I lost my TV signal and internet for most of the day.....so not much opportunity to write.

Add digging myself out and some other issues that has had me outside for a large portion of today, I haven't had much time to work on things for IIWII. I'm hoping things will be better tomorrow.

As for the Superbowl, well, we had a small get together with some family planned but that's more than likely canceled.

I've been asked all week "Who are you rooting for?" and "Who do you think will win?". Like I've said, don't place a bet on my predictions but here's what I'm thinking: Obviously, almost everybody is rooting for the Saints. Maybe it's b/c the Saints are underdogs and have never won a Super Bowl before. Maybe it's the "they deserve it" argument that some have said b/c of hurricane Katrina. Maybe people just don't like Peyton Manning and the Colts, not sure why but the masses are chanting "Who Dat!" even though many of them have never been to New Orleans or anywhere in Louisiana.

Me, I'm not really rooting for anybody. If I had to pick a team to root for, I guess it would also be the Saints b/c I like Brees and would like to see Brunell and Gregg Williams get rings.

As for predictions, I like the Colts 31-27. I think if Peyton Manning is playing at his level, it will be very hard to stop him. Manning has seen Gregg Williams' defense  a few times the last few years, so there shouldn't be that many surprises. I also see the Saints defense having a hard time getting to do the damage (sacks/hits) they did to Favre to Manning.

Also, let's not forget how the Skins (yes, the 4-12 Redskins!) laid a general beat down on the Saints until the final minutes of their game . Remove a freak INT turned fumble recovery/TD and a missed 23 yard FG and the lousy Skins win.

Another great job Vinny/Zorn era: Anybody remember Kyle DeVan? You probably don't. He was a UDFA that the Skins signed in 2008 and later released. He never even made it to training camp based on his bio. on the Colts website. Now in early 2010 he's the Colts starting RG. Starting in the Super Bowl no less. Hmmm....remind me, didn't the Skins have some issues with the RG position the past few seasons? Yep. We only had about 5 different players start at that position in 2009 (Thomas, Rinehart, M. Williams, W. Montgomery, Edwin Williams). It would have been nice to have a guy to be able to play that position as a regular starter.

Edit: Oh yeah, our 5th rounder from 2009, Cody Glenn also on the active roster. Gaaaah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment