Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Weekend to Catch Up and Belated Friday Night Videos

I don't have post draft hangover, at least not yet. No football cravings. This is a good thing since I really don't have too much time to be watching football this weekend. I did nothing last weekend, so this weekend will be cutting grass weekend. Part of my yard has grass that is up to my knees.

Anyway, it also gives me a chance to catch up on Redskins stuff tonight. This weekend I'm hoping to catch up on the draft with a special NFL News and Notes. Then a two part Redskins News and Notes catching up on all the players being signed (there was more FAs signed than players drafted this past week it seems to me), players being drafted, and all other things going on in the Redskins world.

I'll eventually get to the schedule......but trust me from now until the end of July there won't be that much to write about (yes, I know mini-camps are in May and June but we can't watch them so we really don't know what's going on) so you'll be thankful when somebody is putting out new posts to feed your Redskins fix.

Well, just about to go do some yard work (Yay!) but here's a belated FNV that I wanted to do last night but fell asleep while doing some work related stuff (continuing education required for my job) and listening to Nirvana's MTV Unplugged album (arguably some of their best work).

Three Movies I Really Want to See in the Theaters But Probably Won't Have Time to See Them

1. Kick Ass.
This film should be hilarious. Based on the comics from Mark Millar and John Romita Jr., it's definitely will not be another Dark Knight or Iron Man or even Spider-Man for that matter. I think it will be a pretty good movie in the comic genre but the dark humor and ultraviolence will make it stand out from other comic movies with the origin story and first big bad guy to deal with. Also, Nic Cage in a co-star role where he gets to go crazy as a costume vigilante. Yeah, Ghost Rider was a horrible, horrible movie but I don't think Cage had much to work with. Cage is a huge comic fan. His name is based off a comic character (Luke Cage), he named his son Kal-El for crying out loud (Kal-El is Superman's Kryptonian name, just a FYI). It should be fun, if I ever get a chance to see it.


And a bonus scene with Nic Cage as Big Daddy (warning language).


2. A Nightmare on Elm St. (Remake)
Platinum Dunes ( A Michael Bay company) is currently 0-2 with me when it comes to their remakes of classic horror franchises. I thought the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was laughable. Never have I watched a horror film where I just wanted to say throughout the movie "Just stop and pick up the chainsaw, Leatherface has dropped it again". It was bad and no amount of Jessica Biel screen time could have saved it. Not even a small R. Lee Ermey role made this film watchable. Friday the 13th was better. They got the elements down more. Friday uses a great deal of exploitation with sex and drugs and then murder/mayhem throughout the series. Ironic that you're watching a horror film where a undead/semi-living mutant monster man in a hockey mask is chopping people up, but is sending a message about having sex and doing drugs. Weird. Anyway, this remake looked more like previous films, but that was also the problem with it. It lacked originality.

I'm a big Nightmare fan....even saw Freddy's Dead in 3D in the theaters. So, I would like to catch this one. But I got a feeling it's just not going to be on par with Wes Craven's original Nightmare.



3. Iron Man 2
Doesn't come out until next week, but I'll probably be working that weekend, so I'll probably miss it.


Also, if you have Starz on your cable or satellite, I highly suggest checking out the film Moon by Duncan Jones. Very interesting Sci-fi film starring Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey. This is Jones' first film by the way and while you may not be familiar with his name, you may be familiar with his dad David Robert Hayward-Jones (go look him up).

1 comment:

C-Money said...

Iron Man 2 was great!
Go and see it!!!

Post a Comment