SHD's Top 5 Kickers
1. Nate Kaeding: This guy stays busy because of the Chargers high powered offense. He has the leg to kick the long ones, which usually translates to bonus points is some leagues.
2. Ryan Longwell: Had a very good '09 and should do well '10. Decent leg strength and he kicks in a dome at home. Can 't go wrong.
3. Mason Crosby: Gotta love the offense he's on and that will mean plenty of opportunities to make some field goals.
4. Stephen Gostkowski: Good kicker, good offense to get him his shots.
5. Rob Bironas: This guy made 5 of 6 field goal from 50+ yards last year. That automatically gets you into my top 5. That's just awesome.
1. Matt Prater: Big leg and had some issues with consistency, but finished strong last year.
2. Garrett Hartley: Pretty much unknown before he became the hero of the NFC Championship game last year. Again, decent kicker with a explosive offense.
3. David Akers: Akers would normally be 5-8 in rankings, but with a change in regime at QB, I'll say the potential is still there to be a pleasant surprise.
Don't Pick This Guy
Josh Scobee: Once he was a promising young kicker on the rise but has had consecutive terrible seasons. He has also battled a quad injury in the past. Leave him on the waiver wire until he proves himself once again.
My final installment of these pre-season Fantasy Football Rankings is next, Defense/Special Teams