Sunday, October 10, 2010

Expect a few Delays.......Major IIWII Announcement

Hey Everybody,

Like last week, I've been busy with non-Redskins business and I really haven't had that much time to write (or I haven't been in the mood to write when given the time to do so). Last week and much of the week before I was working extra at the real job for reasons previously mentioned. This week, I was getting ready for a break and here's where it ties into IIWII.

I won't be covering the Skins/Packers game Sunday. Yeah, I am bummed. I was looking forward to the game and I do think the Skins have a chance (albeit slim- especially if Haynesworth is out) to win. So what does this mean? Well, it it means I won't be doing a game recap until the end of the week at the earliest. And I know what you're thinking "Well, you haven't even gotten around to doing a game recap on the Eagles yet!" True. And I will do one, you IIWII readers deserve it.  But there's a major reason why I haven't finished it.

** MAJOR IIWII ANNOUNCEMENT**

I'm on vacation from the real job this week. But that's good news for you the readers of IIWII. Why? Well, I'm at the 2010 New York Comic Convention (NYCC). The con ends Sunday afternoon, so I should have enough time to catch Football Night in America and be able to watch Eagles @ 49ers. I'm hoping to get to the Eagles recap done early this week and have the Packers recap done before Saturday.

So what's in it for you? Well, remember IIWII isn't just about the Redskins (although I'd say it's about 80% Redskins) and that we cover "other Pop Culture" and so expect some recap on the con coming soon. Stay tuned especially if you like The Venture Bros. or The Walking Dead. I had a chance to meet the creators of The Venture Bros. (Doc Hammer and Jackson Publik) and had a chance to meet creator of The Walking Dead Robert Kirkman and will be attending the AMC panel on The Walking Dead show which premiers on Halloween.


It's late, I have some head cold/sinus/allergy thing going on (damn travel and hotel AC I think is causing the problem) and I need to be up early to attend a Bruce Campbell signing at 11. So, I'm going to wrap up with telling you that I will have the week 5 picks up before I head back to NYCC. Going to leave you with something cool I picked up at the con. Like I have mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of The Venture Bros. show on Adult Swim (aka Cartoon Network) and I couldn't resist picking up these bobble head's of The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from the Adult Swim booth (note in the video she's shaking her head sideways and he's up and down- thought it was funny).

video

Oh, and just in case you were curious on what the Venture Bros. is about, here's a clip from one of my favorite episodes "Tag Sale.....You're it!" (from Season 1).



More NYCC stuff coming including costumes, booths, panels, Bruce Campbell, James Marsters, The Venture Bros., Green Lantern movie, The Walking Dead, Jim Butcher and whatever else I feel like posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment