Sunday, October 3, 2010

Where Have I Been and What's on tap for Today

Ok, so you may have wondered what's been going on with me this past week. I haven't posted (except for a Twitter message) at all since the game recap. Have I just been ducking the Redskins? Have I been just fuming over the Rams loss and refusing to post? Have I given up on the coverage of the Skins on IIWII?

Nope. Not at all.

I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to the Eagles game today. I don't like where the Redskins are as a team right now and I don't like where the Eagles are as a team. This game has one of those bad smelling "moral victories" that we've had over the years with both Gibbs and Zorn. We lose, we play hard......but the end result is a loss and then people will defend the Skins by saying they played a good team and are getting better. Frankly, I'm sick of that bull****. The team was supposed to start winning now, that's why the Skins didn't go in full rebuild mode in the first place. I have a article on the Skins I would like to write about why the team is failing. Trust me, I don't think scheme has anything to do with it.....it's personnel and even if we were in the 4-3 I think this team would struggle this season on the D-line.

So back to me. I've been working for the past 6 days. We had some staffing issues at my real job (I don't make any $$$ with IIWII so I have to work for a living so you get all this content for free-- aren't you lucky?) and my boss is on vacation, so I've been picking up the slack. I've had about a 65 hour work week with most of that on my feet. I like where I work, like my staff and like my bosses but the job isn't easy and I've been tired both physically and mentally (just slept about 12 hours). When I'm tired, it's hard to sit down and type (or hunt and peck in my case, I can't type), so there's your explanation.

One last thing about my job that drives me crazy.....the damn phones!!!!!!! You're trying to do your tasks and help customers and that bloody phone keeps ringing off the hook every 5 seconds. You can't get anything done. And when you answer the phone, then you have to deal with that person's problems. I swear one of these days I'm going to buy one of those phones from my boss and do this to it.


(warning: NSFW language)

Now that I got that off my chest, on to what's going on today.

Got weekly picks coming up. I'm so behind, I haven't even gotten around to my BGO pick 'em league stuff yet and my suicide pick over on ESPN. It will be up before the 1 'o clock games. If I have time, I will do the write up on what I see is wrong with the Skins (and why it probably won't be fixed this season). I will be part of a live chat today over at tbd.com. Lot's of other bloggers will be on there as well. Pop on by and say hi and watch me make these comments all day:


Walking Deadman: Arggggggghhhhh!!!!!
Walking Deadman: Make a tackle, tackle that guy
Walking Deadman: Catch the damn ball Joey Galloway
Walking Deadman: Another false start
Walking Deadman: Our Defense sucks.

- didn't I say I wasn't hyped up for this game?

No comments:

Post a Comment