Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 11 Picks

Last week was a generally bad week for yours truly. Then I missed the Bears/Dolphins game. So here are this weeks picks. Hopefully, this week will be better for me and the Skins. This looks like a crappy week for football viewing, most of these matchups are bad.

1PM 
Baltimore Ravens @ Carolina Panthers (+10.0)
I just see no way that the Panthers can win this one. You're basically giving a start to a QB who wasn't in the league until last week. You're down to your 3rd or 4th string RB. Add that you're playing a team that has a pretty good defense and lots of weapons on offense.
Pick: Ravens

Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals (-5.5)
The Bills have looked better lately and the Bengals have been ripped apart on defense and poor QB play by Carson Palmer. That said, I like the Bengals here. I think they can put up enough points to win in a shootout.
Pick: Bengals

Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys (-6.5)
Only a few weeks ago, I would have picked Detroit here easily. Dallas looked better after last week, but you wonder if the Cowboys overlook Detroit here. I'm going with the Cowboys, but think it will be much closer than the spread suggests.
Pick: Cowboys

Cleveland Browns @ Jacksonville Jaguars (-1.5)
Cleveland is looking much better than their record suggests. I still can't figure out Jacksonville.
Pick: Browns

Arizona Cardinals @ Kansas City Chiefs (-7.5)
Arizona has looked better and the Chiefs have struggled lately. That said, Arrowhead is one of the tougher places to play when it's cold, the 1PM game will hurt the Cardinals and I think the Chiefs will come back after being trounced by Denver last week.
Pick: Chiefs

Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (+ 3.0)
Could this be the end of the Vikings? I think so.
Pick: Packers

Houston Texans @ NY Jets (-7.0)
In NY I think the Jets muster enough of a passing game to hurt the Texans. I also think they'll limit Arian Foster.
Pick: Jets

Oakland Raiders @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-7.5)
Steelers aren't going to lose back to back home games. Raiders have improved, but not that much.
Pick: Steelers

Washington Redskins @ Tennessee Titans
Not much has improved to make me think the Redskins will win this game. If anything, losing Landry and Rogers seems to make me think the Titans have an even better chance this week.
Pick: Titans 27-16.


4PM
New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks (+11.5)
Don't like the spread on this one either, but I'm still taking the Saints here.
Pick: Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ San Francisco 49ers (-3.0)
I really want to take the Bucs here, but my gut is telling me to take  the 49ers. Going with the gut here even if I don't think that it makes much sense.
Pick: 49ers

Atlanta Falcons @ St. Louis Rams (+3.0)
This is another upset in my opinion. I like the Rams at home and I think they'll pull one out here.
Pick: Rams

Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots (- 3.0)
Neither team has been a consistent team compared to teams of the past. Going with the home team this week.
Pick: Patriots

SNF
NY Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles (-3.0)
Mike Vick just can't look as good as he did last week. But I still think he does enough to beat the G-Men.
Pick: Eagles

MNF
Denver Broncos @ San Diego Chargers (-10.0)
This is the time of years for the Chargers to start really pumping it up to make the post season. They should be able to beat the Broncos.
Pick: Chargers

Last Week: 5-8 (5-9 if you counted TNF)
Season:  82-62

No comments:

Post a Comment