Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary and Snow

( A nice cake, that celebrates two things today on IIWII)
First, a slightly belated Merry Christmas to all of the IIWII readers. May you have a great holiday and I hope you have a blessed 2011 (don't worry, we'll be here for New Year's Eve). Thank you for reading IIWII and I hope that you continue to pop in from time to time.

Second, on December 22nd we at IIWII celebrated our 2nd anniversary. That's right, I've been here writing Redskins and other meaningless stuff for over two years now. As we start on year three, I want to say that I'm trying to always make the site better. We keep adding new and interesting members to our blogroll, while removing a few that haven't been posting for awhile. Sometime in January or Febuary, I'll be taking a week off from posting just to make a few updates to the site and maybe change a template or a font. We've partnered with TBD.com and we hope to continue that relationship in the near future. I'm also hoping to start on some blog work fro WUSA 9, but still haven't had time to get to it as of now. Also, as of right now the podcast is out....I'm hoping to do some work on it, but I really don't have time to do it and SHD has become unavailable for various reasons.

In the process of evaluation and tweaking the site and some of the articles I post here, I'm looking for some input from you the reader.....what would you like to see in a site that covers the Redskins and "other pop culture"? Should this site only be Redskins? Should I try to add more NFL coverage and not be so Redskins focused? Would you like to see more DC sports here? More non-sports stuff? Leave a comment or shoot me a email at deadmanblog@hotmail.com.

We also may be changing domain names......it shouldn't affect you and if it works the way I planned, if you still come to IIWII then the site should still come up. It may cost me some money so I may ask for some donations via Pay Pal or something. I'll get to that if/when it happens.

Finally, here's a brief breakdown of things coming up in the next few weeks/month: An analysis of the Donovan McNabb benching and it's after effects, who's to blame with Albert Haynesworth, Do the Redskins need a villain? Yes, they do!, 2010 Redskin Player Awards (many of you will be angry with me on the Defensive MVP- no it's not LaRon Landry) and Who Should Stay and Who Should Go.

(Picture via cell phone- WD)

Oh, and it's snowing. Joy!!! After last year, I've come to hate snow. Snow is beautiful and when it's snowing it's incredibly peaceful and quiet. But it's a pain in the ass to deal with, especially when you have to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment