Friday, February 18, 2011

FNV: Enjoying the Silence, Venture Bros. and Weep

It's Friday!!!!!
Finally a break from the tedium of the real job. I haven't done a FNV in awhile b/c I couldn't find any topic worth dedicating an entire post.

Tonight's video features a song that's been playing in my head all week. Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode. My job drives me crazy sometimes. Actually, it drives me crazy most of the time. Non-stop ringing of the phones. Noise from people talking. Tons of background noise. Add to that, that I'm trying to do 4-5 things at once and it makes it hard to keep focus and makes you want to scream at times. All of this while performing a function that could hurt someone if not done correctly. I crave silence usually (the irony of course is that I love the crowd noise at FedEx and try to make it loud as possible there) because of what I have to deal with 45-50 hours a week.


Yep, I can see myself walking the countryside folding chair in hand, Burger King crown on my head stopping and enjoying the beauty of nature and the quiet. Sounds nice.

Of course when I think of Depeche Mode, I can't but help thinking of this scene from my favorite episode of The Venture Bros.- Tag Sale, You're It!


And while I'm writing a Friday Night Videos post featuring The Venture Bros. what type of fan would I be to not mention Doc Hammer's band Weep and post one of their songs (When I'm Wrong) here.

See, I had a theme going. Not just some mindless rambling. By the way, I don't think I ever posted some of the cool swag I had Jackson Publik and Doc Hammer sign for me at NYCC 2010. They are some of the coolest people on the planet.
Here's some:
(My rare Brock Samson shirt from the Venture Bros. T-shirt club. God, I'm a nerd.)

(2010 NYCC program. Note the inside joke for fans of the show.)
Thanks guys can't wait for season 5.

3 comments:

Henry said...

Excellent post, one of the few articles I’ve read today that said something unique! One new subscriber here :)


Venture Brothers

Pc Recycling Ca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pc Recycling Ca said...

Great post, do you mind if I re-blog this (with full attribution and linking)? I really want to share it with my readers, they would find it very useful.

Venture Brothers
Venture Brothers Episodes
The Venture Brothers
Watch Venture Brothers
Venture Brothers Online

Post a Comment