Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 2 Targets

First, let me start off by saying I don't think the Skins take a QB in the 2nd round barring something crazy happening. I'm not convinced that the Skins are interested in Ryan Mallett. Here's where I think the remaining top QBs go in round 2.
Colin Kaepernick- Buffalo
Andy Dalton- Cincinnati
Ryan Mallett- Oakland

After that I'm not convinced that there is a QB better than what the Skins currently have. Do you believe that Ricky Stanzi is better than John Beck or Rex Grossman? I don't.

So, as we head into round 2 here are the main targets the Skins should try to acquire in the 2nd: OL, DE, CB, NT and WR. I think the Skins will/should target a RB in the 5th-7th rounds. There is a ton of depth in this RB class. Here are some individual players to keep an eye on during the 2nd.

NT
Stephen Paea
Kenrick Ellis (late 2nd early 3rd)
Jurell Casey (3rd)

DE
Christian Ballard
Allen Bailey
Jarvis Jenkins

CB
Brandon Harris
Ras-I- Dowling
Curtis Brown

OL
Rodney Hudson
Ben Ijalana
James Brewer
Stefen Wisniewski (late 2nd, early 3rd)

WR
Leonard Hankerson
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Randall Cobb


Currently looks like the Skins (via ESPN 980 report) are trying to trade out of #41. If this happens, expect the Skins to acquire at least a 3rd round pick so some of these later 2nd/early 3rd prospects could be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment