Sunday, May 15, 2011

500. Thank You's and Time for a Change

This is really post #525 or #526....I started to write this almost a month ago, but with the lockout possibility being lifted (what amounted to being one whole day) and the draft build up, I decided to wait until I had a moment to work on something that didn't deal with what's going on with the Redskins or the NFL.

In less than three years IIWII has hit the 500 mark in our articles. Granted, some of the posts were updates, videos or had minimal content but nonetheless here we are at the 500 mark. I was just going to say thanks to the 12 or so people out there that read IIWII and thanks some of the fellow bloggers/beat writers/journalists for supporting IIWII in one way or the other.

But then I thought maybe this would be a good time to overhaul the blog.......
......and that's exactly what I'm doing.

First, I've modified the template of the site a bit. I got rid of the black background and went with a more classic Redskins motif of Burgundy and Gold (mixed with black text and some white in portions of the blog). Next I'm making a few changes in some of the items on the sidebar. I've added a Flickr link and while it's still in early development, eventually you'll get to look at pictures from various Redskin events and games. There are a ton of pictures that I've taken that I've never used on the blog. The pictures aren't on caliber with someone like Homer McFanboy, but I like taking them and figured I'd share with the readers what I've (and some others) taken. There will be some additional links to pages that talks about the site and the writers; who we are and what we're trying to do on IIWII. There will also be some modifications on our blog roll and other aspects of the blog that should be noticeable sooner or later. It'll take some time, I'm playing with a few ideas and still tweaking some things (see the title header for example).

The content will stay mostly the same. IIWII is almost fully dedicated to the Redskins with some occasional articles dealing with the NFL or football already, so there's nothing new there. I still plan to keep doing the occasional Friday Night Videos post. I've had mixed opinions on doing them (some love FNV others hate it and thinks it takes away from covering the Skins) but everybody needs a funny video or some music now or then. There will also be an occasional post about some of the other DC sport teams from time to time if I feel like writing about them.

Two more things. The URL will eventually be changed. You still will be able to access IIWII via
http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/ but you may want to change your bookmark or link to the site once I make the change. Secondly, if you like what IIWII has done, please leave a comment or drop us a line at the IIWII email. Maybe you want to read about something that IIWII or any other Skins site isn't covering, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Finally, I would really like to thank everybody who is reading IIWII. We do know that we have some regulars that visit the blog and if you are one of those people, thanks. I hope that you're enjoying the site. Wanted to thank all of the fellow Skin Bloggers (see our Blog Roll) who have IIWII in their Blog Rolls or Favorites on their sites. Special thanks to Post Game Heroes for being the first blog to list us in their Blog Roll section. More special thanks to Cindy Boren at The Early Lead for linking IIWII during the fan fight at the Vikings game. Special thanks to Matt Terl for linking IIWII in a few posts (btw. if you haven't read Matt Terl's official blog of the Washington Redskins, you really need to ASAP). Finally, a special shout out to Haphazzard over at ExtremeSkins for posting IIWII articles in their news forum and BGO founders Om and Boone for giving IIWII an additional home over at BGO and in their Redskins blog feeds.

Until the next 500 or so posts, thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment