Sunday, September 25, 2011

NFL Week 3 Picks

Last Week I failed to get out my picks as I was in a rush to get to FedEx......but I made my picks on BGO and went 13-3. Not bad if I do say so myself. In two weeks I've gone 24-8. Here's this weeks picks:

*Point spread based on home team, for entertainment purposes only.

1 PM Games
Jaguars @ Panthers (-3.5) Gabbert vs. Newton possibly. If Cam Newton plays like he did the last two week, I think the Panthers win their first game of the year.
Pick: Panthers

Broncos @ Titans (-7.0) Maybe this is a letdown game for the Titans after the big win against Baltimore. I doubt it. Expect Chris Johnson to start to get back to his true form today.
Pick: Titans


Texans @ Saints (-4.0) I just don't see the Texans winning in the Superdome today. But I could be wrong the Texans do have the #1 D in the NFL through two weeks.
Pick: Saints

Lions @ Vikings (+3.5) The Lions are the real deal and the Vikings.......aren't. I feel bad for McNabb having to deal with Suh twice a year.
Pick: Lions

Giants @ Eagles (-7.5) Mike Vick is playing and the Giants are still really beat up and playing on the road. Eagles WRs smokes the G-Men.
Pick: Eagles

Patriots @ Bills (+9.0) If the Bills are really this good they'll find a way to win today. The Patriots can't go undefeated again this year, right? My upset special......taking the Bills at home.
Pick: Bills

Dolphins @ Browns (-3.0) Dolphins play better on the road than at home. The Browns find ways to lose at home frequently. Hard game to pick, but I'm going with the Dolphins here.
Pick: Dolphins

49ers @ Bengals (-2.5) The Bengals are a better team than I thought they were. The 49ers are worse than I thought they were. I like the Bengals at home.
Pick: Bengals

4 PM Games
Jets @ Raiders (+3.0) The Jets find ways to win in close games, the Raiders find ways to lose in close games.
Pick: Jets

Ravens @ Rams (+4.5) The Ravens fell for a trap game last week. This week they're angry and want to hit somebody. Sam Bradford is in trouble.
Pick: Ravens

Chiefs @ Chargers (-14.5) This game could get ugly really quick.
Pick: Chargers


Falcons @ Buccaneers (-1.5)
Had Mike Vick not been knocked out of the game (by his own player mind you), the Falcons would be 0-2. Don't believe the point spread here folks. I think the Bucs are a much better team.
Pick: Bucs

Game of the Week
Packers @ Bears (+3.5) A re-match of the NFC Championship game and the NFL's longest rivalry. Should be a good game but I think the Bears pull this one out if Jay Cutler can actually stay on his feet long enough to get a pass off.
Pick: Bears

Cardinals @ Seahawks (-3.0) Who's the worst team in the NFL 'Hawks or Chiefs? It's hard to tell right now.
Pick: Cardinals

SNF
Steelers @ Colts (+10.5) You almost wish that flex scheduling could happen earlier in the year to prevent games like this.
Pick: Steelers

MNF
Redskins @ Cowboys (-6.5) I hate when the Skins play on MNF. They are 4-12 in the last 16 and generally find ways to stink it up. That said, the Cowboys are banged up and ripe for the picking. A Redskins win here and they're 3-0 and 2-0 in the NFCE. Something tells me they can win today despite most of this week I planned on picking them to lose.
Pick: Redskins 27-21












No comments:

Post a Comment