Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back From Ohio and the HOF

(DeAngelo Hall's jersey from his 4 INT game in 2010- a HOF exhibit)
If you follow IIWII on twitter (@IIWIISkinsBlog) then you probably know about my trip. If you don't, then here's the story. I decided to take a break from the blog during the Redskins bye week and take a family trip to Canton, OH. Canton is the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Let's just say that it was an awesome trip and I highly recommend any football fan to check it out. I learned a lot while I was there about the origins of the NFL, the HOF and the uniforms. The kicker is that I didn't get to see everything. We had a 3 hour window to play with and after three hours I could have stayed for probably another three. Also the HOF is currently under construction and that did hinder the trip slightly but not much.  I did take over 300 photos while I was there. So, I'm hoping that you'll get a nice look at the HOF. I'll try to break it up into a couple of parts so I can publish as many pictures as possible. I also hope to post most of them on the IIWII Flickr feed at some point.

During the trip the family decided to make a few stops at some antique stores and I found some Redskins history while I was at one of the stores in Ohio.


Thought it was kind of cool to see some NFCC pennants in Ohio of all places.

Anyway, back to writing about the current team starting today.

Ed. Note- there is one photo that was taken that you will never see (hopefully) on the internet. Me at the HOF wearing my Sean Taylor jersey in a Cowboy's helmet. Yes, a Cowboys helmet! I was dared by my father in law to try it on during a panel on the "Evolution of the NFL helmet" and I'm not afraid of the silver and blue, so I did it. The gentlemen at the HOF was surprised I didn't get a rash/skin burn from touching the helmet like a vampire getting exposed to holy water.

What can I say......I'm a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment