Saturday, October 8, 2011

Updates, Hiatus, On Tap and other What Nots

It's 6 Am Saturday morning when I type this. It's still pretty dark outside as the days get shorter and the nights get longer. Hard to believe that we're already in Week 5 of the NFL season. I don't think I'm still over the lockout and although I've been to three home games (counting the pre-season), it just hasn't felt like a regular season of football to me. I haven't felt that "OOMPH" of anticipation that I usually get every year. I didn't even get heartbroken (as I do every season) when the Skins lose their first game. It's shown on the blog in the amount (or lack thereof) of posts on the site in the past few months.
Sorry about that. I have plenty of excuses to explain it but I won't go into them right now that have kept my mind on other tasks other than my passion for football and the Burgundy and Gold.

So, I would like to say that with the 'Skins on a bye week, I'm taking another break from the blog. Well sort of. In the next couple of hours I'm going to do a few posts and publish them later tonight and tomorrow. Tonight will have a belated FNV that is football related. If you haven't seen this video yet (you may have if you follow a few sites that I do) you'll get a kick out of it as a Redskins fan.

Sunday morning will bring back my picks for the week. I'm 44-20 on the year and if it weren't for that stupid call by the refs in the Giants/Cardinals game, there's a good chance I'd be in 10th place in the BGO pick'em league (currently 19th).

Tuesday or Wednesday I'll have a breakdown of the 1st quarter of the 2011season, which hopefully will make up for the lack of game recaps for the past two weeks.

Hopefully, I'll be back to writing regularly by Thursday of next week.

Thanks for reading IIWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment