Saturday, October 29, 2011

Updates: Thoughts on the 'Skins through 6, Why No Posts?

(Weeks 6 & 7: Not the best two weeks in the 2011 season for the Redskins)

It's been a long couple of weeks for me. The 'Skins have played some pretty bad football over the last week and combined with a busy work schedule, I just haven't had that much time to write about the Redskins. There's no need to rant about the Redskins at this point. If you're a fan (like me), you've already heard it or did just that last Sunday. I know I wasn't too happy and made that opinion clear a few times on Twitter but there's no reason to write an article about it. Plus, there's no reason to have a meltdown about the Redskins at this point in the season. They are 3-3. The fact that they are still in the race for the NFC East should be impressive since they've lost some key starters and are in the process of rebuilding a broken franchise.

When I originally looked at the schedule, I thought the 'Skins were likely to be 2-4 at this point (Losses to: Giants, Cowboys, Rams, Eagles; Wins against: Cardinals and Panthers). So 3-3 isn't too bad in retrospect. I still think the 'Skins have a chance to go 8-8. They play the Eagles well at the Linc. as they do the Cowboys at FedEx. Miami and Minnesota are bad teams (with exception to Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen) and there is a chance the Redskins may play the remaining teams on the schedule well enough to eke out a victory here or there. I know there is a facet of the Redskins fan base that wants the 'Skins to win the "Suck for Luck" competition, but the fact of the matter is that the 'Skins just aren't bad enough of a team to be getting Andrew Luck.

Alright, with that out of the way, let me write about what I'm hoping to get done this weekend on IIWII. I don't plan on doing a full blown game recap of the Redskins @ Panthers game, but I do plan on making some final thoughts on the game. At some point, I plan on skimming through the game one more time to focus on some players and then do a post about the game. Late tonight/ early tomorrow, I will be posting my Week 8 picks and doing a brief  preview of the 'Skins/Bills game.

Right now I'm doing some scouting. I'm watching QB Ryan Tannehill as Texas A&M hosts Mizzou. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing from Tannehill. Also, he seems to play in a pro style offense that runs a few plays similar to what Mike/Kyle Shanahan runs in DC. Later today, I'll be watching the Baylor/OSU game to scout Baylor's QB Robert Griffin and to look at OSU's WR Justin Blackmon (projected to be a high 1st rounder in the 2012 draft).

Stay Tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment