Sunday, January 1, 2012

Prediction: Robert Griffin III is Entering the Draft (Update: Per Mort he's declaring)

(Could we see him in Burgundy and Gold in a few months? Photo credit unknown, image via)
























I don't have an inside source on this. Nor do I know RG3, his family or close friends but I have a strong suspicion that Robert Griffin III will be entering the draft in a matter of a few days/week. Frankly, it only makes sense based on  his draft value right now. But there have been mixed rumors about his return to Baylor. Some rumors have him returning so he can attend law school and try to get Baylor a national championship. Other rumors have his family looking at potential agents as he prepares to enter the draft. What was most telling of Griffin's future was what was said about him by the announcers during the Alamo Bowl and Griffin's comments after the game.

Based on these comments it's fair to say that I like Griffin even more as he put his team ahead of himself; the true sign of a leader and I a player I would love to see leading the Redskins one day.

Griffin didn't make any announcements prior to the Alamo bowl because he didn't want to be a distraction to his teammates, his coaches and the Baylor fans. The announcers at the game mentioned that Griffin didn't want to take away from them because he already has had a lot of media attention based on the Heisman selection and the success from the regular season.

Just look at what he said in his post game comments:
"We went out in style! I want Baylor nation to enjoy this. It's not about me. I've got about two weeks. I'll enjoy this the next day, and then the next day, and then I'll make it."

Pretty much says it all.

Update: Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Robert Griffin will declare for the 2012 draft. Mort also goes on to say that the announcement will be made prior to the January 15th deadline. I would guess that it will be made either in the next couple of days or after the BCS Championship game (January 9th).


No comments:

Post a Comment