Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Redskins Aren't Expecting a Big Fan Turnout on Saturday

Now for the record I will tell you that I got this email from the Redskins prior to today's victory. Matter of fact, it was sent to me on Friday. But I figured I would share with the IIWII community. Normally, as a ticket holder on the Redskins mailing list, I get similar emails telling me about "player ticket returns". On a side note, if you are interested in catching a game and don't have tickets its worth calling the ticket office and checking for returns. Generally, you can get some decent tickets at face value from time to time.

Anyway, this was a interesting email. Instead of offering up available tickets to fans/season ticket holders, they want those who aren't planning on coming out on Christmas Eve to give their tickets to charity instead of eating them and leaving the seats empty.

Here's most of the email:

Wow.  The Redskins have put out emails and ads like this before and even ExtremeSkins has a plea to fans to give their tickets to charity as an alternative to selling them to a stranger (or worse an opposing team fan). I guess it just comes off to me that the Redskins aren't expecting many fans to come and support their team when they have no chance of going to the playoffs, are 2-5 at home in 2011 and it's the day before a major holiday. It doesn't help that its against the Vikings with no Donovan McNabb either.

No comments:

Post a Comment