Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quick Thoughts on NFLPA Game; About to Watch East-West Shrine Game

(Can Tulsa's G.J. Kinnie be the next T.J. Yates?)
While many football fans will be watching Ravens at Patriots and Giants at 49ers, I will be focusing on the draft and (hopefully, if the real job quits calling me in) watching the East-West Shrine game. I did get a chance and watch most of the Astroturf NFLPA Collegiate Game yesterday and here are some quick thoughts:

- Keep an eye on Tulsa's G.J. Kinnie (QB). Has some good mobility, a strong arm and was hitting his targets with keen precision. He was the best looking QB on the field in my opinion and could be another late round steal for a team looking to develop a future player. I thought he played much better than T.J. Yates did in the 2011 version of this game.

- I think there were two good WR talents playing yesterday and could also be some mid to late round pick ups. Lavasier Tuinei (Oregon) and Keith Nichol (Michigan St.). Nichol in particular reminds me of the Patriots Aaron Hernandez with a good mix of size and speed.

- Jared Green (son of HOF Darrell Green) didn't have his best day in my opinion. Had trouble at times getting separation and getting in synch with his QBs. He also made a good special teams play by grabbing a punt before it went into the endzone, but was ruled a touchback because he made the catch on the goal line (this is a touchback in the NFL, not in college). He did have one really nice catch on a deep route which showed his speed. I still think the 'Skins might want to look at him as a possible late round/UDFA prospect.

I plan on watching this game again and I'll do a full re-cap sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment