Saturday, March 31, 2012

Getting Ready for Opening Day and the Draft (with Pictures)

(Nationals baseball is just a few days away)
This is a rare post where I didn't feel like adding much content. Just a reminder that baseball is just a few days away with the Nationals playing the Cubs on April 5th. The Nats play their home opener a week later on the 12th.

Sweet hat, eh? I wish New Era would make more of them with the Nats "W" logo in Burgundy and Gold. Maybe with New Era under contract with the NFL and MLB, we'll see it sooner than later.

Meanwhile, Redskin fans are getting geared up for Robert Griffin III coming to DC. Griffin was at a card show at the Dulles Expo taking pictures with fans and signing autographs. For more on the event including video and pictures check the Redskins Blog, Hogs Haven, Redskins Confidential and Redskins Journal.

Also, I forgot in the Redskins: News and Notes a nice piece by John Keim of the Examiner where he interviews Terry Shea- the man who's been working with Griffin during the off-season. You can read that article HERE.

In celebration of the draft and RG3 likely coming to DC I decided to make up a shirt for me and a few of my friends for our Draft Day Party on the 26th. If you haven't seen it on my Twitter feed (@IIWIISkinsBlog) I'd figure I'd show it here.

(front)

(back)
 The Spear logo, I did get from SpreadShirt but did some tweaking with the color scheme and added the text. It's a nice alternative to buying the Nike version of his jersey and guessing whether RG3 will be #10 with the 'Skins.

No comments:

Post a Comment