Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 Training Camp Dates Announced- More Fan Accessible

Today, the Redskins announced the dates fans can attend the 2012 training camp. This year those practice times have been moved to 2:55 EST. This is much better for fans who plan on traveling from parts unknown (but not near Ashburn) to try an catch a practice. Last year, practices were early in the morning and in my case I would have had to leave my house around 4AM to make sure I could get there in time to watch John Beck throw passes.......

....obviously I decided against it (Ed. Note: If you notice, most of my training camp/Ashburn pics are from the 2010 training camp). Anyway, after the jump I'll have all of the dates provided by the Redskins.
Worth noting is that Fan Appreciation Day is on Saturday, August 4th. I've been to two of these (2004, 2010) and here's the deal with fan app. day:

If you want to see pageantry, catch the band playing a few songs they'll be using this year at FedEx, the cheerleaders, get some pics with the three SB trophies, Larry Michael, Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan addressing the fans and possibly get an autograph from a few players then it's worth braving the traffic and the crowds and going to fan appreciation day. It's chaotic and a bit crazy but can be a great deal of fun, especially if you haven't done it before. I got a few Sean Taylor autographs and got to talk (and my picture my picture taken) with the "Boss Hog" himself Joe Bugle at the 2004 camp. At the 2010 camp, I got to chat with some of the beat writers and get a couple of autographs from Anthony Armstrong and Kyle Shanahan (I did have opportunities to get autographs from Bruce Allen, Mike Shanahan and Chris Cooley but decided to let kids get them instead of myself- I hope their parents framed them and not put them up on ebay).

At this point I just want to watch practice (we're talking about practice) without the distractions. I want to see Robert Griffin III throw a live ball. I want to watch the battles in the secondary. I want to see if Jamal Brown really is flexible and if Jarvis Jenkins can play like the monster we thought he'd might be in 2011. I'm skipping this year's fan app. day in order to get a feel for the actual team during another practice session. Hopefully, there will be plenty of pictures and tweets.

And now for the open dates (from Redskins.com)




DateParking Lot OpensPractice Begins
Thurs.,July 26Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Fri., July 27Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Sat., July 28Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Mon., July 30Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Tues., July 31Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Wed., Aug. 1Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Thurs., Aug. 2Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Fri., Aug. 3Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Sat., Aug. 48 a.m. ETNoon
Mon., Aug. 6Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Sat., Aug. 11Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Mon., Aug. 13Noon2:55 p.m. ET
Tues., Aug. 14Noon2:55 p.m. ET


The article on Redskins.com goes into detail about what you can and can't bring and fan invitations etc. So go there for more details. See you at camp sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment