Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Why No Game Recaps? What's Up With IIWII? An Update

Hey everybody!

Just in case you thought the site had gone black and IIWII is no more, just wanted to update everybody about my goings on and what not.

I was putting a lot of stress on myself about writing the blog and I thought about it for a moment and came up with a grand epiphany .......

This isn't my job.

I don't make a living doing this, so why should I feel stressed out about trying to rush an article about something I enjoy, something I like to talk about and occasionally write?

So, I've taken a break so to speak.

I'm still writing and matter of fact plan on doing something new, looking at where the 'Skins would be drafting if the season ended today. Granted last year was a bit more important b/c we were in the "Suck for Luck" chase but the Redskins do have draft picks in rounds 2-7 and with the success rate from last year's draft it will be fun to watch days 2 and 3 of the 2013 draft.

Yes, I plan on watching the Senior Bowl and East/West Shrine Game, The Combine and the usual draft stuff that I do every year. Except obviously this upcoming year will be aimed at guys who probably won't be 1st round considerations. Good, I'm looking froward to the challenge.

I'm not going to be doing any more game recaps this year. Reason is simple and twofold.
1. Real busy right now.
2. With a little less interest in draft hype this year, I'm going to have extra time for re-watching games. So I plan on watching most of the games from Pittsburgh on and doing some fun game breakdown segments.

Anyway, I tweet frequently @IIWIISkinsBlog over on Twitter. So if you still enjoy smart Redskins commentary with a little smart assery and homerism then you need to follow me and enjoy.

Yes, I am extremely excited that the Redskins are 8-6 and have a chance of winning the NFCE. I have never been to a playoff game or a home playoff game for that matter and would love to do so in 2012.

I am really glad that the Redskins are finally turning it around.

Thanks for reading Merry Christmas and have a great holiday season
HTTR

No comments:

Post a Comment