Monday, February 25, 2013

Major Announcement and a Look at the Future

If you follow Twitter, possibly Facebook (honestly, I don't use Facebook much so I don't know if the announcement was made over there or not) and/or read Son Of Washington then you've probably seen that I have joined SOW as a writer for the site.

I Think it is a great opportunity for me as a blogger and as a writer. SOW has really become a big site covering the Redskins and they have some big plans upcoming in the future. I can't write about all of those plans (you'll have to wait but if these plans come to fruition, it will be very exciting) but I will say that SOW is extending itself beyond a podcast and website with articles/blogs. I hope to be a significant contributor with SOW and this move has motivated me to start writing more. I've already done 2 articles on the SOW website, some other material for the site and this blog entry on IIWII.

So what does this mean for IIWII? Well, many articles that I do on SOW will eventually be linked as a post on IIWII with a link to the original article on SOW. I plan on doing the majority of my Redskins coverage with SOW. That doesn't mean that I won't be writing original Redskins content here. There may be a time where I feel like bitching about my team, the ticket office or the front office or complaining about something that I don't want to involve SOW (primarily to keep them out of trouble) or just show some of my game picture galleries. They will be here.

IIWII isn't going anywhere. It's just changing a bit. I still think I will cover some NFL topics here and Meaningless Mock, fantasy football stuff and weekly picks (if I have the time to write them) will remain. I also hope to write about some non-football stuff including bringing back movie reviews, TV and what not. I would also like to bring back Friday Night Videos as I enjoyed posting crazy You Tube stuff on the site.

Anyway, thank you again for reading and please check out what we're doing over at sonofwashington.com


No comments:

Post a Comment