Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary From IIWII


To the readers, friends and followers of IIWII,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the writers and staff here at IIWII. I know we got our Christmas present early when our lowly Redskins beat a seemingly "playoff-bound" Eagles team and knocked them out of said playoffs, but I hope your Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice or whatever you celebrate (or don't celebrate - I think I covered all of my PC bases here) is a good and enjoyable one.

Also, we here at IIWII celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 22nd. So six years of mostly Redskins coverage (and assorted other fun/goofy things I like to share) for you the fans. I wanted to take a second to thank some of those who have helped IIWII over the years and also keep this blog ad free (I have not made a single penny on this site - but if you'd like to give me money, drop me a line) and running.



First, to my wife who has supported and tolerated my endeavors for the past six years. I have spent countless hours watching games, game tape, football shows, the draft, reading articles and writing articles and I haven't driven her crazy yet by my football madness. I would also like to thank former writer Dan W. (aka Steeler Hater Dan)  for his help early on the site.  C.P. (aka @TattooedScorpio) has been a great deal of help on the site filling in to write game breakdowns and all things going on with the Burgundy and Gold. Seriously, if you are a blog/website reading this article that could pay this guy for his work, please hire him.

Also, some quick shout outs to my friends @Billfishead and @SabreAce33 both of whom have given me tons of ideas to write about the team over the years during our debates/tailgates. Shout out to the crew at SonofWashingon.com and HailBlog.com.

Thanks to the Washington Redskins for not going after this blog despite the occasional rant (usually deserved) about the state of the franchise. Thanks to the 'Skins players whom have been nice enough to occasional pose for pictures and/or sign stuff or talk on Twitter etc. over the years. The good that NFL players do is always undervalued by many in the media.

Finally, thanks to all of the readers of the site. There have been a few times over the years I have thought about shutting down IIWII, but some great comments by fans and seeing a few "constant readers" pop on the site keeps me going. I'm hoping to have some cool things come back to the site in 2015 - including draft coverage, film breakdowns and other whatnot.

Have a great holiday and thanks again for reading,
FedEx Al

No comments:

Post a Comment